Thank you for expressing an interest in joining Metacon. Anyone wishing to join must attend one of our regular meetings held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7:30 PM. After introducing yourself and completing the necessary paper work, your name will be put on the official wait list.
While on the list, you will receive a copy of the monthly newsletter advising you of club events. During this time, we encourage you to attend our monthly Friends of Metacon Shoots with family members and friends. Additionally, you can attend and compete in our monthly Northeast Combat Pistol Matches held on the first Sunday of each month after you successfully complete the required safety check. Participating in these and other public club events such as Women On Target and the .22 Falling Plate matches let you and the members of your family enjoy the sport of shooting while you are waiting and gives you an opportunity to meet some of the other members.
How long anyone is on the wait list depends on member turnover which varies from month to month. Again thank you for your interest in Metacon – we look forward to having you as a member.
Dennis E. Golden
Metacon Gun Club
Guidelines for Membership Application
To apply for membership at Metacon Gun Club, here’s a guide to help you with the simple process.
1. You MUST be a citizen of the United States
2. You must not have a felony conviction
3. Download and print the Application, or pick one up at a monthly membership meeting
4. Fill out the application completely
5. Submit the application with a payment of $25.00 (application fee)
6. Personally appear at a Monthly Membership Meeting (3rd Tuesday of each month at 7:30pm at the club, 106 Nod Rd. Simsbury, CT)
7. Complete and mail a CT Criminal History Record Request Form (supplied to you at the meeting) with a check payable to “Department of Public Safety” for $50.00
8. Once your forms have been completed and your CT DPS form is sent in, you will be issued a spot on the waiting list
9. At the following membership meeting, your name will be read and will be voted on by the membership as applying for membership
10. When your place on the waiting list comes up, you must pay your initiation fees and annual dues. Then you will be eligible for our next CRO course
11. Upon successful completion of our CRO course, you will become a Probationary Member with limited privileges.
12. After 180 days of Probationary Membership, your name will be read at the monthly membership meeting and if approved, you will become a full member